Friday, August 21, 2009

re-cap of this last week...

Boy oh boy have we been busy! Last Sunday we took Isabelle to Disneyland! We have season passes so we are going to try to go as much as possible. It's nice having them because we don't feel rushed to get on every ride. We took Isabelle on Snow White, Pinocchio, and Small World. Then while the grandparents rested with Iz, Ryan and I jumped on Pirates of the Caribbean. You can't go to Disneyland and not go on Pirates!! Other than those few rides, we got our pictures taken with Goofy and Minnie Mouse! I'm so excited for the years to come, and the joy our kids will experience at Disneyland!

The rest of the week has been crazy! This was my last week of summer school. Last night I took my Philosophy final and tomorrow I finish my Health class. You'd think that in summer school the professors would be laid back on the work load... yeah right! What was I thinking! At least I've made it through, and I'm that much closer to finishing. It's too bad the Fall semester starts this coming Monday! Yep... No break. I'm so close to finishing though! I can't give up now! In the fall semester I will be taking Chemistry (again... and I better get at least a B. This new professor should be a lot easier) and a Math class for Elementary School teachers. Hopefully it wont be too much of a work load.

I haven't cooked much this week because of school and stuff. I did make a big batch of Chichen noodle soup. Which I have to say, turned out amazing! I got a recipe from the foodnetwork.com, but I added a few ingredients to make it my own. The great thing about making soup is you can freeze half of the batch and use it another day! You know those days we DON'T feel like cooking! Well it's dinner already made and ready to eat. Heat and Serve! Today I'm making split pea soup at my husbands request. It's super easy, hearty, and oh so yummy!

Today is my mother in-laws birthday! Happy Birthday Linda!! We're going out to dinner tonight, but I'm not sure where yet.

This weekend should be nice. At the moment I can't remember what we're doing tomorrow. It seems like we have plans, but it's slipped my mind. hhmmm... I hate when this happens. Thank GOD for day planners =-) Sunday I'm supposed to get together with a friend from High School! I have seen her once in 10 years so I'm excited to reconnect. I feel like I'm getting a sinus infection though! Hopefully with lots of fluids and maybe some rest this weekend, It will pass.

Until next time... Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh lucky..Disneyland! I can't wait to go! Go on the matterhorn and thundermountain for me next time!:)

    ReplyDelete