Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas is OVER =-( and New Year's will be here in a couple of days!!

I can't believe how fast Christmas came and went!! We planned for months for the big day, only for it to pass us in record time! I have to say, this Christmas was AMAZING! It was Isabelle's first Christmas, and my mom wasn't in the hospital! Christmas Eve was spent here at home with my in-laws (Mike, Linda, and Michael). We had a Prime Rib for dinner, with baked potatoes, creamed corn, bread and champagne (I had Martinelli's Cranberry Apple Cider, which was soooo yummy!) After stuffing our faces, we went off to bed... awaiting Santa's arrival! Rise and shine, with Isabelle, we are usually up around 5:30am or 6am at the latest. Ryan and I decided to let Iz go down for her morning nap before waking the family and opening presents. Around 8:30am we gathered in the living room around the Christmas tree. Isabelle did her best at trying to open her gifts, but she was more interested in eating the paper, so I opened most of them for her =-) I have to say... she made out pretty well. We didn't go overboard this year, because her birthday is coming up, and she is still pretty young! Next year will be more fun for her since she will be almost two years old then. After we had our traditional breakfast of Egg's Benedict, we got ready to go to my moms for Christmas at her house. My moms house is always full of family during the holidays! This year consisted of the usual, my mom, Tom, Joan, Bubbie, Bobby, Cameron, baby Braydon, Valerie, Tristan, Jade, Kai, Auntie Debbie, Lindsay, and my Auntie Pam! Did I forget anyone?? When I say full house, I mean FULL house! It's the best part of the holidays though! All of us getting together! We also had Prime Rib that night =-) Super Yummy!!! All in all, it was a great holiday! We are looking forward to the New Year and all that is to come! I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family! I'm thankful that my mom wasn't in the hospital!! We have spent MANY holidays in the hospital, which is no fun. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to... We have to make the best of every situation!

For New Year's we are just going to be home. My friend gave me this really great idea of having a PJ/board game party. A few people might show up. We LOVE playing CRANIUM!! If you haven't played it, you have to try it out sometime! So it will be a a nice night at home... ringing in the NEW YEAR!!! I can't believe 2010 is only a few days away! Until next time, have a safe and happy holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. Board Game / PJ party sounds like a good idea. Part of me wants to go out, but another part just wants to stay in. I love your daughter's name. I plan on naming my daughter Isabella Michelle when I have kids :)

    Hope you have a nice New Year

    ReplyDelete