Monday, December 27, 2010

Restaurants

Some restaurants have become very accommodating for those who are on a gluten-free diet! My family hasn't been to all of these locations, but I'm glad to know we have some great options! My daughter cannot have any gluten products, and sometimes when we want to go out for dinner as a family. In the past, we have had a hard time finding restaurants with gluten-free options, so I have decided to do the research. I have asked friends and family for restaurant sugestions and these are a few we have come up with!

Applebee's (we don't have one close to us which is still open for business)
They offer an array of gluten-free options which can be found on their website:
However; there is a risk for cross-contamination. It looks like we will be skipping Applebee's in the future.

Outback Steakhouse
From what I can see on their website, they offer a huge variety of gluten-free items. I am excited to go there sometime as a family. I'm glad to know my daughter will be able to eat at Outback Steakhouse because we sure do love a good steak!

P.F. Chang's
We have not personally eaten dinner there since my daughter has been born, but I have several friends who have. They keep telling me about their gluten-free menu. I know their food is great, so I'm sure their gluten-free items are just as tasty as the rest! It's another wonderful choice we have when we want to go out to eat as a family!
http://www.pfchangs.com/menu/ (just click on gluten-free)

The Rainforest Cafe
We had a great experience at The Rainforest Cafe in Anaheim earlier this month. We were going to Disneyland with the family the following day (for our annual Christmas trip), but we all met for dinner there the night before. They don't have a specific gluten-free menu, but the server sent the manager on duty to our table as soon as we asked about their gluten-free options. The manager went over all the items my daughter would be able to eat. He also told us they could make something special, if we didn't like the options he named off. My daughter had rotisserie chicken with a side of steamed vegetables. She loved every bite! Her uncle Michael was even sneaking a few bites here and there.

Yard House
We ate at the Yard House a few months ago in Long Beach. I was very impressed when I asked the server about their gluten-free options, she brought me a whole gluten-free menu! I've never seen an actual menu printed which was all gluten-free items! Follow the link below to check it out for yourself. They even have gluten-free beer, along with a few ciders. My daughter is only 22 months old, so we don't have to worry about that for a LONG time, but it's nice to know they offer an adult beverage when the time comes =-)

These are just a few of the many options I am learning about. It's a learning process for me and my family, and I'm glad to be able to share it with you all!! What is your favorite restaurant? Have you had good or bad experiences when eating out? Please share your ideas! We can learn together!

To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment