Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MNO #2 Feb 19th 2011

First I must say, I have met an amazing group of women! Joining the mom's group was one of the best things I could have done! It's been great for my children, and I'm thankful for the friends I have made for myself! We share similar stories dealing with parenting, marriage, and sometimes recipes, just to name a few! We get together about two times a week for playdates. Some playdates have been at a number of local parks, and often, one of the mommies opens their home, for all of us to play. Coffee and snacks are always provided, including gluten-free stuff for Isabelle!!! The mommies have been super cautious when buying snacks that all the kids can enjoy, which means a lot to me! During the playdates, We take turns running after the kids while the rest of us enjoy a little adult conversation. Everyone I have met has been soooo nice, and I look forward to meeting many more!

One of the monthly activities of the group is a MNO (Mom's Night Out). How important is that!!! Sooooo important! Mommies need their time away from the kids, and getting together with the other women is always a blast! I have only been to two MNO so far but look forward to many, many more!

This month we decided to go to Cafe Firenze located here in Moorpark. For those of you who don't know,  Cafe Firenze is owned by the Top Chef Fabio Viviani. He was the Top Chef Season 5 fan favorite. Very yummy eye candy, and his voice and accent could melt any woman. Ok, ok, back to the night and enough about Fabio lol.... They have a happy hour from 5pm-7pm which happened to work out perfect for all of us! I was a little disappointed there wasn't any food on the happy hour menu, but you can't beat their $4 martini's! Happy hour is usually only honored at the bar, but the manager was nice enough to let our group of 10 move to the bar tables, with the $4 special. I personally had the pomegranate martini. It was dangerously delicious! We all shared the Calamari E Zucchini, and a vegetable platter. Everyone then ordered dinner. I wasn't super hungry so I decided to order another appetizer. I chose Crostini Di Pancetta. It was delicious and more than enough for one person! I love their food and can't wait to try something new from the menu!

After all of us finished eating, which means it was coming time to return to our families. The company of the other women was more than enjoyable, and I even had the pleasure of meeting a few new members. I can't wait until the next Mom's Night Out!! We will be at a different location next month. I hope the turn out is as great as this evening was! What more could a mom ask for?? Great food, yummy drinks, a little eye candy, and a wonderful group of women to spend some time with!

No comments:

Post a Comment