Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Beach day with the Mommy's and now it's time to RELAX!!

We have had a great day so far; although, daddy is stuck doing Jury Duty!

The morning Didn't start off well because Isabelle was melting down by 9AM! I was hoping that wasn't a glimpse of how the rest of the day was going to be! We've had this beach day planned for at least two weeks.  I was especially excited today because my mom, sister, and nephew Braydon were going to join us! They arrived at the house around 9:45... and we were off! Isabelle still had a few issues in the car, but once she realized where we were going, she finally started to get excited! It's funny... she recognizes Malibu Canyon and knows we will be driving through three tunnels! She yells out, "Mommy, tunnels soon!!!" and then proceeds to tell me all about the sand she is going to play in! I love that she can now communicate with full sentences! It makes our days so much more interesting and exciting for me as a parent! I'm amazed at the vocabulary she has thus far!

The scheduled forecast for Moorpark (where I live) is a high of 83 degrees, with a bit of haze. LOL- why when we get to Zuma, is it 65 degrees, completely foggy with a chilly breeze? Oh well. What matters is we are outside and surrounded by great mommy friends (and their kids of course). We all know kids don't care if it's a little cool outside! They were having a ball, as soon as their little toes hit the sand! Sand, toys, water, and food! OOOooh My! Couldn't ask for anything more! Everyone had a blast, and the kids were exhausted when it was time to leave. Mission accomplished! However, for some reason, my kids are refusing to nap today. Go figure! They are playing in their beds! And of course I spoke too soon! Now Jacob is screaming. To get him, or not to get him?? Hhhmmmm I will give it a few minutes! I sure would love a nap myself! Mommy's don't usually get naps though! Right?!!

So far, it's been a pretty good day! Can't complain! I LOVE my kids and look forward to everyday! Even the hard exhausting days! I wouldn't trade this life for another! I am blessed and thankful for everyday I have to spend with my family and friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment