Friday, June 24, 2011

Oaks Korean BBQ- June 18th 2011

The Mommy Network chose Oaks Korean BBQ for our June Mom's Night Out. It's located at 1970 Sequoia Ave in Simi Valley. Priscilla recommended, and the rest of us agreed. It sounded yummy! Who doesn't like BBQ? I have to say, we had a great time, and the food was delicious! The service was pretty good! Our server was very friendly and shared all of the important details on the menu. I couldn't tell you exactly what we ordered, but it was family style. We shared three different BBQ items, pork, beef, and shrimp. The BBQ items were served on hot plates with caramelized onions! YUM! Since we decided to share family style, we were also served a "large" appetizer, miso soup, six side dishes, and dessert! The appetizer looked like egg foo young, but I don't know if it had egg in the ingredients. It was some kind of Korean comfort food! The side dishes were delicious! I LOVED the bean sprouts! They were marinated in sesame oil and other unknown seasoning. The soup was warm and comforting! I could have Miso soup everyday! Polar bear is only so lucky (wink, wink). And for dessert, we had mochi ice cream (I think that's how you spell it), another one of my loves- Strawberry, vanilla, and green tea flavored! On top of the BBQ, we all shared a few sushi rolls. Yep! They have sushi too! It isn't often when I eat until I'm full, but tonight was one of those nights =-) Thank You Priscilla for suggesting Oaks Korean BBQ. I'd never had Korean BBQ, and I'm glad I tried it! I'm looking forward to having a nice dinner there with my husband next!

No comments:

Post a Comment