Saturday, July 2, 2011

Adventure #1 of the Szechuwan Garden 06/30/11

Recently I discovered a local Chinese resturaunt which offers 189 different menu options!

I originally went there for their Wor Wonton soup sometime last week. I was suffering from a severe sinus infection/upper respiratory infection and felt that soup might do me some good! The soup was delicious and did make me feel better, but ultimately wasn't the cure. Since the soup was yummy, I considered ordering a different menu item in the near future! I love trying new places! and we ALL know... I LOVE FOOD!

On Thursday I was craving Chinese food! Staring at to go menu for the Szechuwan Garden, I was feeling overwhelmed with how huge their selection was! 189 items?? Really! How was I ever going to decide! If you know me, I have the hardest time deciding on a place to eat, let alone deciding what I want from that place LOL.So I had an idea! How about I let my Facebook friends pick something for me! I asked my friends to pick a number between 1 and 189!

My friend Andrea was the first to respond. She chose #74- Chicken Cream Corn Soup. My husband was the second to respond. Of course he chose the #69- Pu Pu Platter (Assorted Appetizer). Sorry, I have to laugh! LOL... HHmmm I thought to myself! Neither really sounded good. I should go with the first choice since I did ask for someone to pick a number. I like corn chowder. Would it be similar?? and What the heck is the Pu Pu platter? I couldn't decide LOL even though someone had already decided for me =-) Sorry folks, This is how my brain works. I pretty hungry, so maybe I should get both? I dunno what to do... AAhhhh

Well I ended up getting both along with my husbands request for fried rice. We decided to try the House Fried Rice (#186), which had chicken, beef, and shrimp! The fried rice was great! Each piece of meat had a nice coating of a light batter and the seasoning was perfect. Sometimes I find fried rice to be a little bland, but not this one! It was delicious and fried. Two of my favorite things... This meal was not figure friendly.

The Pu Pu Platter (for two) came with fried shrimp, beef on a stick, some kind of ground meat in the shape of a crescent, bbq pork, and spring rolls. The fried shrimp was good except, as I got closer to the tail, I saw the huge poop filled vein. That kind of grossed me out. The beef on a stick was good. Had the taste of All spice I think. The crescent shaped thing was interesting. It smelled and tasted a little like cat food. I think it was chicken, but needless to say, I didn't finish the whole thing (I've never actually tasted cat food just for the record). The bbq pork was good! It tasted like any other bbq'd pork I've had at other Chinese restaurants. Lastly for the Pu Pu Platter, the spring rolls. They fit into the standard category as well. Tasty with the hot mustard is how I like them!

The Chicken Cream Corn Soup was actually my favorite out of the whole meal! I will definitely order that another time! It reminded me of Egg Flower Soup, with the addition of corn and chicken. I am a soup lover and since I have been sick, it was warm and comforting!

Overall, I would say my experience was interesting. I'd like to try this experiment again, just to see what numbers people pick and what kind of items come out of it. Until next time... Keep eating!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, and thanks for the shout out, girlfriend!! Can't wait to read the next installment! :D

    ReplyDelete