Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family Beach Day!!!

We have gone to the beach a few times this summer, but this day was especially great! First of all, it was just the four of us. Our family unit! My loves, My life, My joy! Daddy, Mommy, Izzy, and Jake! We packed the car full of umbrella's, a small cooler, towels, a blanket for sand, lots of sunscreen, and lunch. Off we went to Malibu! Zuma beach is one of my favorites! Ryan and I really enjoy the beach, so incorporating it into our family life is very important! The beach is calming, relaxing, peaceful, and makes for a great playground full of exploration and fun!

What a perfect day! The sun was shining down on us, early this morning! We arrived in Malibu around 10AM. Not a cloud in the sky. Mommy and Daddy set up camp, and the kids were already digging in the sand! Isabelle dived in to her sand toys, while Jacob discovered the flavors of seaweed. Daddy tried to take Iz to the water, but the cold temperatures of the Cali Pacific Ocean, scared her off. I'm positive if we were in Hawaii or something, we wouldn't have been able to get her out of the water! Instead of playing in the water, Iz spent her time building sand castles with daddy. She also got buried in the sand for the first time! She wasn't a huge fan, but she loved bury daddy! Jacob spent all of his time on the sand exploring. He LOVED eating the sand and pretty much anything else he could get into his mouth. I spend my time following him around, keeping things out of his mouth.

These are the days I live for! There is nothing better than a day at the beach with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment